Key accused in Gujarat hooch case arrested
Vinod Dagri held a week after 130 people died after consuming the liquor.
Ahmedabad: The main accused in the Gujarat hooch tragedy, Vinod Dagri, was arrested by the Crime Branch in Ahmedabad on Friday.
Two of his associates, Ajay Thakkar and Sunil were also arrested along with him.
Gujarat police have also held massive raids across the state and booked more than 6,000 people so far for violating prohibition.
Nearly 140 people died of consuming the illicit liquor in Gujarat last week.
Meanwhile, the Gujarat government says it will amend the law, seeking stringent punishment for those indulging in manufacture and sale of illicit liquor.
Under attack for the deaths, Narendra Modi-led government has said will introduce Bombay Prohibition (Gujarat Amendment) Bill 2009 in the state assembly on July 28.
"With a view to prohibiting the misuse of such illicit and spurious liquor and in view of the situation, it is considered necessary to amend the existing provisions of the Bombay Prohibition Act, 1949 and make stringent provisions for offences relating to manufacturing, constructing, selling, buying, keeping, transporting etc of such spurious liquor," said minister of state for Home, Amit Shah.
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Apple iPhone 7 Users: Please DO NOT Drill a 3.5mm Hole on it to Make Your Own Earphone Jack
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China