Gujarat: More people succumb to swine flu, death toll crosses 100
According to the reports, Rajkot is the worst hit with 35 dead in this year alone.
Ahmedabad: Two people have succumbed to H1N1 virus in various parts of Gujarat in the last 24 hours, the death toll due to swine flue death has risen to 103 even as as many as 133 persons are undergoing treatment at various hospitals. "While one person each from Amreli, Bhavnagar and Junagadh districts died today, two deaths have been reported from Jamnagar district", said Gujarat Nodal Officer for swine flu and Deputy Director (epidemics) Dinkar Raval.
According to the reports, Rajkot is the worst hit with 35 dead in this year alone. Fourteen deaths have also been reported from Jamnagar. The state has now registered the second highest swine flu deaths in the country after Rajasthan which has seen 124 casualties. About 68 per cent of the victims were women.
Raval said out of the total of 541 H1N1 positive cases being registered, 305 persons have recovered while 133 are undergoing treatment in various government and private hospitals across the state. "Close to 85 per cent of positive cases were reported from Rajkot, Jamnagar, Amreli, Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar, Junagadh and Kutch districts", Raval said.
He said that no cases were reported from central Gujarat districts of Dahod and Panchmahals and south Gujarat's Navsari, Dangs and Valsad, all having sizable tribal population.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage