Gujarat: 5 self-immolate in Rajkot municipal office
When contacted, Mayor Janak Kotak said RMC has nothing to do with the incident as the civic body had no plan to carry out demolition in the area.
Rajkot: Five persons, including three women, on Wednesday set themselves ablaze in Rajkot Municipal Corporation office to protest the civic body's alleged demolition drive, police said. The five, identified as Rekha, Asha, Vasumati, Bharat and Girish from Chhotu Nagar area near Raiya Dhar of the city, on Wednesday poured kerosene and set themselves on fire in RMC's central zone office, police said. They were rushed to Rajkot civil hospital where condition of two of them was stated to be critical.
When contacted, Mayor Janak Kotak said that RMC has nothing to do with the incident as the civic body had no plan to carry out demolition in the area. The five might have had a dispute with a member of their society because of which they took the extreme step, Kotak said.
The RMC has decided to initiate a probe in the incident and appropriate action would be taken against those found guilty, he added. He extended all possible support to the victims and said they would be shifted to private hospital soon.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Why Pay More?OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What's New And All You Need to Know About It
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story
- First LookNew 2017 Toyota Prius First Look: Launches in India in January 2017