Gujarat ATS gets Jundal's custody
Jundal will be in Gujarat ATS's custody till October 31 for his interrogation in connection with the Karanawati Express blast case.
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday handed over the custody of 26/11 key handler Abu Jundal to Gujarat ATS in connection with the 2006 train blast at Ahmedabad station in which he is alleged to be one of the main conspirators. Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Parkash handed over Jundal alias Syed Zabiuddin's custody to Gujarat ATS till October 31 for his custodial interrogation in connection with the Karanawati Express blast case.
The order of the court came on a plea by the agency that its application for Jundal's custody has been kept pending before this court since July 20. It also informed the court that earlier in the day the National Investigating Agency had produced Jundal before a Sessions court which had remanded him in judicial custody till November 3.
A senior official of Gujarat ATS submitted that since Jundal is no more required to be interrogated by the NIA, his custody can be handed over to them. Additional Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan also submitted that the Special Cell of Delhi Police, which had arrested Jundal on June 21, has no objection to his custody being given to Gujarat ATS.
"Accused Abu Jundal is shown to be required in Karanawati Express Blast case where he is claimed to be one of the main conspirators and was declared proclaimed offender. Hence, the court is of the view that sufficient ground has been made out to give custody of accused namely Syed Zabiuddin to ATS, Ahmedabad, Gujarat for the purpose of investigation of the aforesaid case. Consequently, the application stands allowed and his custody is directed to be handed over to Gujarat ATS," the CMM said.
- Cauvery Row: Ex-PM Deve Gowda Sits on Dharna Against 'Injustice'
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof