Gujarat: Gangraped by two, minor attempts suicide
The 14-year-old girl was kidnapped in a car from Dholka town in the district and raped by two persons on Dec 6.
Ahmedabad: A minor girl, who was gangraped on December 6, allegedly attempted suicide by consuming poison at her residence on Saturday, police said. The 14-year-old girl's condition is critical and she has been put on ventilator, they said.
According to police, the minor was kidnapped in a car from Dholka town in the district and raped by two persons, identified as Prakash Devipujak and Mohit Devipujak, following which her family members registered FIR on December 14.
"The girl had been complaining to her father of acute stomach pain for the past two days. Unable to bear it any longer, she mixed pesticide with water and drank it early Saturday morning. She was immediately taken to a private hospital in the village before being brought to VS Hospital in city," Dholka police inspector BD Thakkar said.
He said the girl has been put on ventilator and kept in the Trauma Centre. "Her condition is critical because she is physically very weak," Thakkar said. Meanwhile, a search is on to trace the accused who are on the run since the incident, the officer said, adding information has been passed on to police stations in the neighbouring villages about them.
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess