Gujarat: Gangraped by two, minor attempts suicide
The 14-year-old girl was kidnapped in a car from Dholka town in the district and raped by two persons on Dec 6.
Ahmedabad: A minor girl, who was gangraped on December 6, allegedly attempted suicide by consuming poison at her residence on Saturday, police said. The 14-year-old girl's condition is critical and she has been put on ventilator, they said.
According to police, the minor was kidnapped in a car from Dholka town in the district and raped by two persons, identified as Prakash Devipujak and Mohit Devipujak, following which her family members registered FIR on December 14.
"The girl had been complaining to her father of acute stomach pain for the past two days. Unable to bear it any longer, she mixed pesticide with water and drank it early Saturday morning. She was immediately taken to a private hospital in the village before being brought to VS Hospital in city," Dholka police inspector BD Thakkar said.
He said the girl has been put on ventilator and kept in the Trauma Centre. "Her condition is critical because she is physically very weak," Thakkar said. Meanwhile, a search is on to trace the accused who are on the run since the incident, the officer said, adding information has been passed on to police stations in the neighbouring villages about them.
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- Post Surgical Strike, PM Modi to Chair Cabinet Committee on Security Meeting
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Surgical Strikes Across LoC an Operational Necessity: Defence Experts
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Surgical Strikes Across LoC May Alter Political Discourse in Poll-bound States
- Retaliation Fear: Border Villages being Cleared