Gujarat has made major contribution to India's growth: Modi
Modi said in the last twelve years, the number of universities in Gujarat has gone up from 11 in 2001 to 44 now.
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said the development that took place in Gujarat over the last 12 years has contributed immensely to the growth of the nation. Speaking at an event, he said "they may like it or not but political pundits and economists have to accept that in the last 12 years, the development that took place in Gujarat has contributed immensely to the growth of the nation".
Inaugurating the LM Kakadia MCA Women College at Amreli in Saurashtra, he stressed the importance of woman power for the development of the nation. "It is important to integrate woman power, whether it be in economic sphere or in the decision-making," Modi said. He also said in the last twelve years, the number of universities in Gujarat has gone up from 11 in 2001 to 44 now.
Meanwhile, 20 persons, mainly Congress workers, were detained before the programme and released later, Amreli Superintendent of Police Shobha Bhutada told PTI. They were protesting seeking water and fodder supply in the district, the SP said.
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income