Gujarat has made major contribution to India's growth: Modi
Modi said in the last twelve years, the number of universities in Gujarat has gone up from 11 in 2001 to 44 now.
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said the development that took place in Gujarat over the last 12 years has contributed immensely to the growth of the nation. Speaking at an event, he said "they may like it or not but political pundits and economists have to accept that in the last 12 years, the development that took place in Gujarat has contributed immensely to the growth of the nation".
Inaugurating the LM Kakadia MCA Women College at Amreli in Saurashtra, he stressed the importance of woman power for the development of the nation. "It is important to integrate woman power, whether it be in economic sphere or in the decision-making," Modi said. He also said in the last twelve years, the number of universities in Gujarat has gone up from 11 in 2001 to 44 now.
Meanwhile, 20 persons, mainly Congress workers, were detained before the programme and released later, Amreli Superintendent of Police Shobha Bhutada told PTI. They were protesting seeking water and fodder supply in the district, the SP said.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- Wayne Rooney Edges Closer to Chinese Super League
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology