DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Gujarat: Man arrested for raping mentally challenged woman
Police said the girl has been sent to the Jamnagar Civil Hospital for a detailed medical check-up.
Jamnagar: A 35-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly raping a 21-year-old mentally challenged woman living in his neighbourhood in a village in Jamnagar, police said on Tuesday.
"The accused, Hasmukh Kurji, a father of two sons in the Tarai village of Jamjodhpur taluka, has been arrested and we will produce him in court today and seek his remand," Jamjodhpur Police Inspector AB Suthar told PTI.
The offence came to light on Monday evening when the girl developed some complications and after being admitted to a hospital in the village, it came to the family's notice that she was six-months pregnant, police added.
Based on the girl's version of the incident, her father lodged a rape complaint on Monday night following which, police nabbed Kurji, a videographer by profession, from his home, Suthar said.
The girl has been sent to the Jamnagar Civil Hospital for a detailed medical check-up, police said, adding that they were waiting for the report before proceeding with the investigation.
Recommended For You
- Sachin A Billion Dreams Review: Ode to Memories of Sachin Tendulkar
- Champions Trophy 2017: Australia - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs