Gujarat: Man arrested for raping mentally challenged woman
Police said the girl has been sent to the Jamnagar Civil Hospital for a detailed medical check-up.
Jamnagar: A 35-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly raping a 21-year-old mentally challenged woman living in his neighbourhood in a village in Jamnagar, police said on Tuesday.
"The accused, Hasmukh Kurji, a father of two sons in the Tarai village of Jamjodhpur taluka, has been arrested and we will produce him in court today and seek his remand," Jamjodhpur Police Inspector AB Suthar told PTI.
The offence came to light on Monday evening when the girl developed some complications and after being admitted to a hospital in the village, it came to the family's notice that she was six-months pregnant, police added.
Based on the girl's version of the incident, her father lodged a rape complaint on Monday night following which, police nabbed Kurji, a videographer by profession, from his home, Suthar said.
The girl has been sent to the Jamnagar Civil Hospital for a detailed medical check-up, police said, adding that they were waiting for the report before proceeding with the investigation.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- UP Polls: Akhilesh Yadav's 'Vikas Rath Yatra' to Begin from November 3
- Shivpal Invites Nitish Kumar, Sharad Yadav to SP's 25th Anniversary Celebrations, Hints Alliance
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence