Gujarat: Mild tremor felt in Kutch
Mild tremors were felt near Bhachau in the recent past, but the intensity increased suddenly Saturday evening.
Ahmedabad: A mild tremor measuring 3.2 on Richter Scale on Saturday shook Kutch, rekindling memories of the devastating earthquake which had hit the same day in 2001. The tremor was recorded late evening with its epicentre 11 km North-West from Bhachau taluka of Kutch, officials of the Institute of Seismological Research (ISR) said.
However, no loss of life or damage to property was reported, they said. Mild tremors were felt near Bhachau in the recent past, but the intensity increased suddenly Saturday evening, ISR officials said.
A devastating earthquake of 7.7 magnitude on Richter Scale had rocked Kutch on January 26, 2001, in which thousands of people were killed and more than 4 lakh houses destroyed. People in Kutch and other parts of the state, including Ahmedabad, on Saturday paid homage to the victims of the 2001 earthquake.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Big Player Battles to Watch Out for
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Comedian Bharti Singh All Set to Tie the Knot by the End of 2017