Gujarat: Mild tremor felt in Kutch
Mild tremors were felt near Bhachau in the recent past, but the intensity increased suddenly Saturday evening.
Ahmedabad: A mild tremor measuring 3.2 on Richter Scale on Saturday shook Kutch, rekindling memories of the devastating earthquake which had hit the same day in 2001. The tremor was recorded late evening with its epicentre 11 km North-West from Bhachau taluka of Kutch, officials of the Institute of Seismological Research (ISR) said.
However, no loss of life or damage to property was reported, they said. Mild tremors were felt near Bhachau in the recent past, but the intensity increased suddenly Saturday evening, ISR officials said.
A devastating earthquake of 7.7 magnitude on Richter Scale had rocked Kutch on January 26, 2001, in which thousands of people were killed and more than 4 lakh houses destroyed. People in Kutch and other parts of the state, including Ahmedabad, on Saturday paid homage to the victims of the 2001 earthquake.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Dalit Boy Whose Video Went Viral Says Was Thrashed Because of Good Grades