DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Gujarat: Mild tremor felt in Kutch
Mild tremors were felt near Bhachau in the recent past, but the intensity increased suddenly Saturday evening.
Ahmedabad: A mild tremor measuring 3.2 on Richter Scale on Saturday shook Kutch, rekindling memories of the devastating earthquake which had hit the same day in 2001. The tremor was recorded late evening with its epicentre 11 km North-West from Bhachau taluka of Kutch, officials of the Institute of Seismological Research (ISR) said.
However, no loss of life or damage to property was reported, they said. Mild tremors were felt near Bhachau in the recent past, but the intensity increased suddenly Saturday evening, ISR officials said.
A devastating earthquake of 7.7 magnitude on Richter Scale had rocked Kutch on January 26, 2001, in which thousands of people were killed and more than 4 lakh houses destroyed. People in Kutch and other parts of the state, including Ahmedabad, on Saturday paid homage to the victims of the 2001 earthquake.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO