Gujarat: Six drown during Holi celebrations
Two youths drowned in a reservoir near Kotarpur Waterworks while taking bath after celebrating Holi.
Ahmedabad: Six Holi revellers drowned in two separate incidents in Ahmedabad and Navsari districts of Gujarat on Wednesday, officials said.
Manoj Devipujak (17) and Ishwar Devipujak (18) drowned in a reservoir near Kotarpur Waterworks while taking bath after celebrating Holi, fire officials said.
"As soon as the four youths, including the deceased entered into the water, Manoj and Ishwar started drifting, even as their friends managed to come out and informed the fire services. However, they could not be rescued," a fire department official said, adding that the bodies of the duo were fished out.
In another mishap, four youths of a group of Holi revellers drowned in Kelia dam in Vansada taluka of Navsari district, police said.
"A group of eleven youths had come to Kelia dam for picnic, however, four of them drowned soon after they entered into the water for bathing," SP Nilesh Jajadia told reporters.
The deceased were identified as Jigar Patel (26), Ritesh Patel (25), Jaimin Patel (21) and Kenil Patel (18), he said, adding that their bodies were fished out and sent to Navsari civil hospital for postmortem.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane