DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Gujarat: Six drown during Holi celebrations
Two youths drowned in a reservoir near Kotarpur Waterworks while taking bath after celebrating Holi.
Ahmedabad: Six Holi revellers drowned in two separate incidents in Ahmedabad and Navsari districts of Gujarat on Wednesday, officials said.
Manoj Devipujak (17) and Ishwar Devipujak (18) drowned in a reservoir near Kotarpur Waterworks while taking bath after celebrating Holi, fire officials said.
"As soon as the four youths, including the deceased entered into the water, Manoj and Ishwar started drifting, even as their friends managed to come out and informed the fire services. However, they could not be rescued," a fire department official said, adding that the bodies of the duo were fished out.
In another mishap, four youths of a group of Holi revellers drowned in Kelia dam in Vansada taluka of Navsari district, police said.
"A group of eleven youths had come to Kelia dam for picnic, however, four of them drowned soon after they entered into the water for bathing," SP Nilesh Jajadia told reporters.
The deceased were identified as Jigar Patel (26), Ritesh Patel (25), Jaimin Patel (21) and Kenil Patel (18), he said, adding that their bodies were fished out and sent to Navsari civil hospital for postmortem.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh