Gujarat: Woman sets her two-year-old son on fire
During investigations, father told the police that his wife was mentally unstable and therefore had taken the extreme step.
Jamnagar: A 30-year-old woman was arrested for allegedly killing her toddler son by setting him ablaze at her residence on Wednesday, apparently following a dispute with her husband, police said. "Vandana, wife of one Kishore Vadgama who is a carpenter by profession, today burnt her two-year-old son Raunak alive, after dousing him with kerosene," they said.
The incident took place this morning at Vambay Awaas Yojana, where the couple is staying, when Vadgama was out on work and Vandana was alone in the house, they said. During investigations, Vadgama told the police that his wife was mentally unstable and therefore had taken the extreme step.
However, later Vandana said she was fed up with the mental torture by her husband, police added. The accused was booked under section 302 (murder) of the IPC.
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Siddaramaiah Says Not Possible To Release Water Right Away
- Cauvery Row: Release Water to Tamil Nadu, SC tells Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu Not Leaving The Kapil Sharma Show
- Navjot Singh Sidhu Not to Float Political Party in Punjab
- Navjot Singh Sidhu Formally Resigns From BJP
- AAP Taken Aback by Sidhu's Move to Float Political Outfit