Gujarat: Woman sets her two-year-old son on fire
During investigations, father told the police that his wife was mentally unstable and therefore had taken the extreme step.
Jamnagar: A 30-year-old woman was arrested for allegedly killing her toddler son by setting him ablaze at her residence on Wednesday, apparently following a dispute with her husband, police said. "Vandana, wife of one Kishore Vadgama who is a carpenter by profession, today burnt her two-year-old son Raunak alive, after dousing him with kerosene," they said.
The incident took place this morning at Vambay Awaas Yojana, where the couple is staying, when Vadgama was out on work and Vandana was alone in the house, they said. During investigations, Vadgama told the police that his wife was mentally unstable and therefore had taken the extreme step.
However, later Vandana said she was fed up with the mental torture by her husband, police added. The accused was booked under section 302 (murder) of the IPC.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology