Gujarat: Woman sets her two-year-old son on fire
During investigations, father told the police that his wife was mentally unstable and therefore had taken the extreme step.
Jamnagar: A 30-year-old woman was arrested for allegedly killing her toddler son by setting him ablaze at her residence on Wednesday, apparently following a dispute with her husband, police said. "Vandana, wife of one Kishore Vadgama who is a carpenter by profession, today burnt her two-year-old son Raunak alive, after dousing him with kerosene," they said.
The incident took place this morning at Vambay Awaas Yojana, where the couple is staying, when Vadgama was out on work and Vandana was alone in the house, they said. During investigations, Vadgama told the police that his wife was mentally unstable and therefore had taken the extreme step.
However, later Vandana said she was fed up with the mental torture by her husband, police added. The accused was booked under section 302 (murder) of the IPC.
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor