Gujarat: Youth gets life term for raping a minor
In 2011, Koli lured the victim to a farm on the outskirts of Shingaj village in Lalpur taluka of Jamnagar and raped her.
Jamnagar: A sessions court here on Tuesday awarded life imprisonment to an accused of raping a minor girl in Shingaj village of the district in March 2011. Additional Sessions Judge BA Gadhvi sentenced Vipul Koli (22) to life imprisonment along with a fine of Rs 1 lakh as a compensation to the victim.
On March 10, 2011, Koli lured the victim (then 16-year-old) to a farm on the outskirts of Shingaj village in Lalpur taluka of Jamnagar and raped her. "After raping, the accused also attempted to kill her by strangulating her," said public prosecutor Vimal Chotai.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology