DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Gujarat: Youth gets life term for raping a minor
In 2011, Koli lured the victim to a farm on the outskirts of Shingaj village in Lalpur taluka of Jamnagar and raped her.
Jamnagar: A sessions court here on Tuesday awarded life imprisonment to an accused of raping a minor girl in Shingaj village of the district in March 2011. Additional Sessions Judge BA Gadhvi sentenced Vipul Koli (22) to life imprisonment along with a fine of Rs 1 lakh as a compensation to the victim.
On March 10, 2011, Koli lured the victim (then 16-year-old) to a farm on the outskirts of Shingaj village in Lalpur taluka of Jamnagar and raped her. "After raping, the accused also attempted to kill her by strangulating her," said public prosecutor Vimal Chotai.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes