Gujjar stir continues, protest in Delhi today
Delhi is likely to see some disruptions today as the Gujjars bring their protest to the capital.
New Delhi: It's the tenth day of the Gujjar protest and it is set to spill over to the national capital on Wednesday. A Gujjar mahasabha will be held at the Jantar Mantar today.
The city is likely to see some disruptions as the Gujjars bring their protest to the capital.
A faction of agitators are also threatening to call an NCR bandh in support of their demand for 5 percent reservation in Rajasthan.
All India Yuva Gujjar Mahasabha president Veerendra Vidhudi met Bainsla and other agitators at Pilukapura in Bharatpur on Tuesday.
He said a mahasabha will be held at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi where further course of action will be decided.
Gujjar leader Colonel Bainsla assured that the protest will remain peaceful.
Meanwhile, editor-in-chief of Patrika group Gulab Kothari also met Colonel Bainsla at Pilukapura on Tuesday night and discussed the issue.
He said that efforts should be made to resolve the issue in a cordial manner without causing hardship to people.
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- UN Aid Convoy in Syria Hit by Airstrike; UN Outraged
- UN Aid Chief Warns of 'Unparalleled' Catastrophe in Aleppo
- Haunting Image Of Syrian Boy Rescued From Rubble Show True Horrors Of Aleppo
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Cricket Association of Bengal Installs Bell at Eden Gardens Ahead of Second Test