Gujjar stir continues, protest in Delhi today
Delhi is likely to see some disruptions today as the Gujjars bring their protest to the capital.
New Delhi: It's the tenth day of the Gujjar protest and it is set to spill over to the national capital on Wednesday. A Gujjar mahasabha will be held at the Jantar Mantar today.
The city is likely to see some disruptions as the Gujjars bring their protest to the capital.
A faction of agitators are also threatening to call an NCR bandh in support of their demand for 5 percent reservation in Rajasthan.
All India Yuva Gujjar Mahasabha president Veerendra Vidhudi met Bainsla and other agitators at Pilukapura in Bharatpur on Tuesday.
He said a mahasabha will be held at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi where further course of action will be decided.
Gujjar leader Colonel Bainsla assured that the protest will remain peaceful.
Meanwhile, editor-in-chief of Patrika group Gulab Kothari also met Colonel Bainsla at Pilukapura on Tuesday night and discussed the issue.
He said that efforts should be made to resolve the issue in a cordial manner without causing hardship to people.
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Live: No End to Samajwadi Party Crisis, Old Guard Meet CM Akhilesh
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP