DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Gul Panag clashes with Chetan Bhagat on Twitter
It began with the writer joking: "If gulpanag had married umar gul (Pakistani cricketer), wud her name become gul gul?(sic)"
New Delhi: Even as India and Pakistan fought it out in the cricket grounds of Mohali, social networking site Twitter was abuzz about another clash, the one between actress Gul Panag and author Chetan Bhagat.
It began with the 'Two States' writer cracking a joke about Panag's name, tweeting, "If gulpanag had married umar gul (Pakistani cricketer), wud her name become gul gul?(sic)."
Panag, who recently married childhood friend, Rishi Attari, a pilot, shot back saying, "At least you are expected to be more original than that."
She then re-tweeted a comment made by one of her followers who wrote to Bhagat, "Such an old and boring joke!"
Bhagat was then bombarded by a series of comments about his joke, with one writing, "match dekh lo bhai sahab .gul memsahab happily married hain ab( Watch the match, Gul is happily married now)."
The 'Turning 30' Actress who has been keeping her fans updated about her honeymoon, married Attari on March 12 in a traditional Gurudwara ceremony.
The couple had then rode to their reception on a bike, with Panag sitting in a sidecar.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere