'Gunday' stars Arjun Kapoor, Ranveer Singh deny rivalry
'Gunday' co-stars Arjun Kapoor and Ranveer Singh have denied reports of rivalry.
Kolkata: 'Gunday' co-stars Arjun Kapoor and Ranveer Singh have denied reports of rivalry, saying they share a good chemistry and are happy to work together. "We know each other from a time when none of us were actors. I know Ranveer for a long time. He is a very sporting personality," Arjun said.
The actor said that such rumours started because his debut film 'Ishaqzaade' and Ranveer's movie 'Band Baja Baraat' were released at the same time. "But we can't do anything about these stories," said Arjun. He is currently in the city along with his co-stars Ranveer and Priyanka Chopra for the shooting of 'Gunday' which is set in the politically charged Kolkata of the 70s when Naxalism was at its height.
The trio along with the director of the film Ali Abbas Zafar held a media conference at a city hotel yesterday. Ranveer on his part recalled how during their struggling years as actors both dreamt about working together, as he was constantly aware of the good vibes they had.
"I am grateful to Ali that he gave us the opportunity to work together at such an early stage. He is my favorite co star. He has an amazing sense of humour," Ranveer gushed. Ranveer and Arjun play two dons in the Kolkata of the 70s and Priyanka plays the role of a Bengali girl in the film.
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story