'Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde' to have a Tamil remake?
The film 'Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde' featured Isha Talwar and Nithya Menon and Nithin in the lead roles.
Chennai: Nithiin Reddy-starrer Telugu romantic-comedy 'Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde' (GJG) is likely to have a Tamil remake soon.
Thanks to the overwhelming success of the film, it has become a sought after story in the remake circuit.
"Leading producers from Tamil have already expressed interest in the remake. Talks are on with multiple producers, but in all probability, it will be remade in Tamil by the same producers who made the film in Telugu," a source from the film's unit told IANS.
Directed by debutant Vijay Kumar Konda, featuring Isha Talwar and Nithya Menon in the leads, GJG released worldwide April 19. It was produced by Nikitha Reddy, Nithiin's sister, and Vikram Goud.
Made on a budget of Rs 11 crore, the film raked in approximately Rs 3.5 crore in its opening weekend in Andhra Pradesh.
"The film has registered best ever opening for a Nithiin film. In the opening weekend in Andhara Pradesh, it minted approximately Rs.3.5 crore and is running to packed houses all over," trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
"It is likely to break even in the following week. The film's satellite rights have already been sold for Rs 3.2 crore," he added.
GJG is Nithiin's second hit in a row. His last blockbuster was Telugu romantic-drama 'Ishq', also with Nithya Menon.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology