Gunman shoots 4 outside North Carolina law firm, Walmart
Police said that the suspect and the victims underwent surgery for gunshot wounds and were expected to survive.
A man armed with a shotgun and a bag of ammunition opened fire outside a law firm and a Walmart store in Greenville, North Carolina, on Friday, shooting four people before police shot him, the city's police chief said.
The suspect and the victims underwent surgery for gunshot wounds and were expected to survive, Greenville Police Chief Hassan Aden said.
One person was shot while sitting in his car outside a law firm, and three others were struck after the suspect walked across the street and fired his gun in the Walmart parking lot, Aden said.
The suspect then fired one round at officers who had responded to the scene, Aden said, adding that as police chased him, he leveled his gun and was shot "multiple times" by police.
The gunman, who was taken into custody but not identified, was carrying numerous rounds of ammunition, said the chief, who added that the swift response by police "ended this quickly before he was able to shoot anybody else."
No charges had been filed as of Friday evening, and no motive had been determined.
"It just looks like it was very deliberate and planned," Aden said.
A spokeswoman for Walmart said no one was shot inside the store and all associates were safe after what appeared to be a random shooting involving several businesses.
- SAARC: After India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan Pull Out of Summit
- Resolve Differences Through Diplomacy: US to India, Pakistan
- Team India Arrives in Kolkata For Second Test
- Eden Track Will Not Turn Much, Says Sourav Ganguly
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Glad Tutak Tutak Tutiya Being Compared With Bhool Bhulaiyaa: Prabhu Deva
- Prabhu Deva is the Sweetest Person in the Industry: Farah Khan
- DU's 2nd Cut-off List Out, Considerable Drop In Marks In a Few Courses