Gunmen kidnap retired Pakistan army official
The army official's driver, also a retired army soldier, was shot by the kidnappers when he resisted.
Islamabad: Unidentified gunmen kidnapped a retired Pakistan Army brigadier serving in the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency after killing his driver near the federal capital on Thursday. The gunmen intercepted Brig Tahir Masood's car at Sihala town on the outskirts of Islamabad shortly after he left his home within the Defence Housing Authority.
His driver, also a retired army soldier, was shot by the kidnappers when he resisted. The abductors took Masood away to an unknown location. At least four men were involved in the kidnapping, police officials said.
Masood was serving on contract with the ISI following his retirement, media reports said. No group claimed responsibility for the abduction. There was no official word on the incident.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- Relationships Are Difficult: Kajol on Her Tiff With Karan Johar
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System