Gunmen kidnap retired Pakistan army official
The army official's driver, also a retired army soldier, was shot by the kidnappers when he resisted.
Islamabad: Unidentified gunmen kidnapped a retired Pakistan Army brigadier serving in the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency after killing his driver near the federal capital on Thursday. The gunmen intercepted Brig Tahir Masood's car at Sihala town on the outskirts of Islamabad shortly after he left his home within the Defence Housing Authority.
His driver, also a retired army soldier, was shot by the kidnappers when he resisted. The abductors took Masood away to an unknown location. At least four men were involved in the kidnapping, police officials said.
Masood was serving on contract with the ISI following his retirement, media reports said. No group claimed responsibility for the abduction. There was no official word on the incident.
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over AT&T-Time Warner Deal