DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Gurgaon: Anna Hazare supporters sent to jail
The activists were arrested when they were trying to install a statue of Anna Hazare in spite of refusal of permission from the authorities.
Gurgaon: A city court on Monday sent four Anna Hazare supporters to jail for 14 days. They wanted to install a statue of the anti-graft activist in Gurgaon in spite of refusal of permission from the authorities.
The activists were arrested on Sunday when they were trying to install a statue of Hazare at Sector 4/7 Chowk, police said.
The Hazare supporters are PL Kataria, Abdul, Puran Chand Joshi and Kalu Ram. Kataria is the president of the Haryana Berozgar Sangh.
Kataria and his associates were not given permission by the local administration to install the statue. But they went ahead with their plan and carried the 4.5-foot high and 250-kg statue in a tractor-trolley before they were stopped by police.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise