Gurgaon: Anna Hazare supporters sent to jail
The activists were arrested when they were trying to install a statue of Anna Hazare in spite of refusal of permission from the authorities.
Gurgaon: A city court on Monday sent four Anna Hazare supporters to jail for 14 days. They wanted to install a statue of the anti-graft activist in Gurgaon in spite of refusal of permission from the authorities.
The activists were arrested on Sunday when they were trying to install a statue of Hazare at Sector 4/7 Chowk, police said.
The Hazare supporters are PL Kataria, Abdul, Puran Chand Joshi and Kalu Ram. Kataria is the president of the Haryana Berozgar Sangh.
Kataria and his associates were not given permission by the local administration to install the statue. But they went ahead with their plan and carried the 4.5-foot high and 250-kg statue in a tractor-trolley before they were stopped by police.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- BSF Seizes Gold Bars, One Bangaladeshi National Arrested
- Lendl Simmons Sacking Led to Windies Meltdown, Claims Kieron Pollard
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom