BMW hit-and-run: Police clueless after 10 days
Sanjay Sethi and a pregnant woman, Kshama Chopra Shetye died in the accident, while three persons were injured.
New Delhi: Ten days after the tragic Gurgaon hit-and-run accident, police are yet to find out who was driving the BMW that crashed into a Tata Indigo, killing a pregnant woman and her family friend who was driving the car.
Police say that Rajesh who had earlier claimed to be driver of the car was not there at the crime scene. And this could be an attempt to shield the person who was behind the wheels during that fatal noon.
The owner of the BMW, Devender Sehrawat, is a travel agency owner and real estate operator. Police feels his son Suraj Sehrawat holds the key to the case.
But the entire police operation so far has raised several unanswered question. Ten days after the accident why has the police failed to question Suraj when they know he was in the car? Why didn't the police issue a warrant against the father-son duo when they are not responding to notices?
Motor Vehicle Act makes it mandatory for car owner to produce driver of offending vehicle. Was Sherawat misleading the police when he said that it was Rajesh who was driving the car?
Police could not find a single eyewitness who saw the accident at 11 am on the street. The eyewitness who was in BMW now says he is not sure whether it was a driver or a distant uncle who drove the car.
Sailesh the husband of the deceased woman told CNN-IBN, "My wife was everything to me. I am shattered. I don't care about anything else now. But any body who has done it should be punished."
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18