Gurgaon: Four teenagers sexually assault woman
Victim was going back home with her brother when the four accused stopped them and sexually assaulted her.
Gurgaon: Four teenagers were arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a 30-year-old woman in Udyog Vihar Phase-I here, police said on Wednesday. According to the police, the incident happened near Shani Mandir on Tuesday around 7.30 pm.
The victim, a native of Uttar Pradesh, works with an Udyog Vihar-based company and lives in Kapashera in Delhi with her brother. Four youths known to her brother met them near Shani Mandir and started teasing her.
When the brother objected, saying she was his sister, they beat him and forced him to leave. The accused then sexually assaulted her after beating her and fled.
An FIR was lodged Tuesday night after the victim's medical examination in a government hospital. Police said the accused were Maha Singh, Harjit alias Hariya, Vivek alias Vikki, resident of Dundahera village, and Shahvan, resident of Haridwar in Uttarakhand. They were also working with companies in Udyog Vihar.
"We constituted four special police teams to nab the accused and arrested them within an hour. They are around 19 years old. Two of them were known to victim's brother," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) Surendra Pal Singh.
The attackers were presented in a city court Wednesday and sent to 14 days' judicial custody.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"