DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Gorkhaland protests: Home Secretary forced to walk with GJM activists
The Home Secretary is to give a report to Mamata Banerjee on the situation in Darjeeling.
Darjeeling: Gorkha Janmukti Morcha supporters on Wednesday blocked the way of West Bengal Home Secretary Basudeb Banerjee on Wednesday forcing him to walk from the Darjeeling SP's office to the DM's office. The Home Secretary is scheduled to give a report to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on the situation in Darjeeling.
The agitation for Gorkhaland entered its fifth day on Wednesday. Earlier, 32 people including 29 GJM activists were arrested from different parts of Darjeeling on Tuesday night.
They were arrested on grounds of pending cases against them. The number of arrests in the hills after the renewed agitations for Gorkhaland broke out now stands at over 130.
GJM chief Bimal Gurung is likely to visit Delhi on Wednesday and meet Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi to discuss the statehood issue, sources said. Sources also said that GJM leaders held a secret meeting chaired by Gurung on Tuesday to chalk out its plan.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa