DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Guwahati molestation case: Kalita sent to jail
Amar Jyoti Kalita will be produced next before the Chief Judicial Magistrate on July 30.
Guwahati: Amar Jyoti Kalita, prime accused in the molestation of a girl on July 9 outside a pub, was remanded to five days police custody on Thursday. Kalita, who was arrested on July 23 in Varanasi and brought to Guwahati on Wednesday on a transit remand, was on Thursday produced amidst tight security before the Kamrup Chief Judicial Magistrate SK Moitra.
Moitra after hearing the petition of both Kalita's lawyer BD Konwar and Public Prosecutor Minoti Saikia, remanded the accused to five days police custody.
Kalita will be produced next before the Chief Judicial Magistrate on July 30.
Meanwhile, police on Thursday arrested another accused in connection with the molestation of the girl on GS Road taking the total number of those held in the case to 15.
The accused, Rubul Ali, was arrested by a team of Guwahati City police from Baruajani area in Kamrup (Rural) district.
Altogether 15 of the 17 identified in the incident have been arrested so far and of these, eight including the reporter of a local TV, Gaurav Jyoti Neog, who filmed the incident, have been remanded to judicial custody.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users