Guwahati: Reporter in 3-day police custody
TV channel reporter Gaurav Jyoti Neog was arrested on the charge of instigating the molestation of a girl in Guwahati.
Guwahati: A Guwahati court on Saturday remanded Gaurav Jyoti Neog, the TV channel reporter arrested on the charge of instigating an attack on a teenaged girl who was molested in the capital city of Assam, to three days of police custody.
Neog, the reporter of city-based Live News channel, was remanded to custody by the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate of Kamrup Siddhartha Pratim Moitra.
He was arrested on Friday evening and was produced in the court on Saturday.
The Gauhati High Court had on July 19 rejected an anticipatory bail plea by Neog who was accused by RTI activist Akhil Gogoi of orchestrating the molestation of the girl in a Guwahati street.
He had resigned from his job earlier this week. Neog's boss and channel's Editor-in-Chief Atanu Bhuyan has also resigned.
Neog had already been questioned by the police to know his version of the story.
Meanwhile, the prime accused in the molestation case, Amar Jyoti Kalita, remain untraced.
The Special Investigation Team of state police, entrusted with the case, has sent two-three teams outside Assam to trace Kalita.
Twelve persons have been arrested so far on the charge of being involved in the molestation.
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Mulayam Singh Should Become UP Chief Minister, Urges Shivpal
- Samajwadi Party: From Clear Majority in 2012 to Total Chaos Now
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor