Guwahati: Reporter's bail plea of rejected
Gaurav Jyoti Neog of News Live channel has been accused by Team Anna member Akhil Gogoi of orchestrating the incident.
Guwahati: The Gauhati High Court has rejected the anticipatory bail petition of the reporter of a news channel who allegedly shot the video of the molestation of a girl here on July 9. Justice CR Sarma on Thursday rejected the petition of Gaurav Jyoti Neog of News Live channel and has been accused by Team Anna member Akhil Gogoi of orchestrating the incident.
Neog was questioned by police. The bench also directed police to submit the case diary on the incident on July 30.
Meanwhile, the Assam government has formed a high-level task force to study the rising trend of crime against women and suggest measures for curbing them.
The four-member task force, to be headed by Additional DGP (CID) Mukesh Sahay, would also visit states and union territories where crime against women were minimal to study policing and administrative measures, official sources said.
It has been given a month's time to file a comprehensive report.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner