DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Guzaarish' story lifted from a Spanish film?
The stories of 'Guzaarish' and Spanish film, 'The Sea Inside' are so similar, that it can't be a co-incidence
At the unveiling of the first look of Guzaarish yesterday, Bhansali was exceptionally cagey about the plot and even why the film is called Guzarish.
But by now its common knowledge that the film is about a paraplegic who requests for Euthanasia to end his trauma. What not many know is that in 2004 a Spanish film, The Sea Inside, had exactly the same plot! The Spanish film, based on the real life story of a sailor Ramdon Sampredo.
Sampredo becomes a quadriplegic following an accident and after that he fights a 3 decade long fight with the government asking them to grant him Euthanasia (mercy killing. Despite his strong desire to end his life, Ramodon teaches everyone how precious and valuable life is. He has two women in his life, a lawyer and a nurse.
It is surprising that Bhansali forgot to mention this film. Is it possible he hasn't heard of this film? Highly unlikely, we would think, considering how well versed Bhansali is with world cinema.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes