'Guzaarish' story lifted from a Spanish film?
The stories of 'Guzaarish' and Spanish film, 'The Sea Inside' are so similar, that it can't be a co-incidence
At the unveiling of the first look of Guzaarish yesterday, Bhansali was exceptionally cagey about the plot and even why the film is called Guzarish.
But by now its common knowledge that the film is about a paraplegic who requests for Euthanasia to end his trauma. What not many know is that in 2004 a Spanish film, The Sea Inside, had exactly the same plot! The Spanish film, based on the real life story of a sailor Ramdon Sampredo.
Sampredo becomes a quadriplegic following an accident and after that he fights a 3 decade long fight with the government asking them to grant him Euthanasia (mercy killing. Despite his strong desire to end his life, Ramodon teaches everyone how precious and valuable life is. He has two women in his life, a lawyer and a nurse.
It is surprising that Bhansali forgot to mention this film. Is it possible he hasn't heard of this film? Highly unlikely, we would think, considering how well versed Bhansali is with world cinema.
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World