'Guzaarish' story lifted from a Spanish film?
The stories of 'Guzaarish' and Spanish film, 'The Sea Inside' are so similar, that it can't be a co-incidence
At the unveiling of the first look of Guzaarish yesterday, Bhansali was exceptionally cagey about the plot and even why the film is called Guzarish.
But by now its common knowledge that the film is about a paraplegic who requests for Euthanasia to end his trauma. What not many know is that in 2004 a Spanish film, The Sea Inside, had exactly the same plot! The Spanish film, based on the real life story of a sailor Ramdon Sampredo.
Sampredo becomes a quadriplegic following an accident and after that he fights a 3 decade long fight with the government asking them to grant him Euthanasia (mercy killing. Despite his strong desire to end his life, Ramodon teaches everyone how precious and valuable life is. He has two women in his life, a lawyer and a nurse.
It is surprising that Bhansali forgot to mention this film. Is it possible he hasn't heard of this film? Highly unlikely, we would think, considering how well versed Bhansali is with world cinema.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly