Gym instructor arrested for kidnapping a Delhi-based businessman
One of the accused was arrested from outside a hospital in north Delhi's Rohini area when he reached there to collect the ransom.
Two people, including a gym instructor, were arrested in connection with a kidnapping-cum-ransom case of a Delhi-based businessman, police said on Tuesday, adding the victim has been rescued and the Rs 20 lakh ransom amount recovered.
One of the accused, Dharmender Kumar, 22, was arrested from outside a hospital in north Delhi's Rohini area on Monday night when he reached there to collect the ransom.
"On Kumar's instance, his associate Chakit Ravi, 28, was also nabbed and the victim Ritesh Bansal was rescued. A hunt is on to nab three other co-accused," said a police officer.
The accused had kidnapped Bansal on Sunday night from central Delhi's Karol Bagh area and demanded Rs 20 lakh ransom.
"Bansal informed police that he was known to Ravi. He had some business problems and was trying to resolve it with Ravi's help," said the officer.
Ravi, the mastermind, runs a gym in west Delhi's Patel Nagar.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Steve O'Keefe Hailed As 'Superhero' by Australian Media