Gym instructor arrested for kidnapping a Delhi-based businessman
One of the accused was arrested from outside a hospital in north Delhi's Rohini area when he reached there to collect the ransom.
Two people, including a gym instructor, were arrested in connection with a kidnapping-cum-ransom case of a Delhi-based businessman, police said on Tuesday, adding the victim has been rescued and the Rs 20 lakh ransom amount recovered.
One of the accused, Dharmender Kumar, 22, was arrested from outside a hospital in north Delhi's Rohini area on Monday night when he reached there to collect the ransom.
"On Kumar's instance, his associate Chakit Ravi, 28, was also nabbed and the victim Ritesh Bansal was rescued. A hunt is on to nab three other co-accused," said a police officer.
The accused had kidnapped Bansal on Sunday night from central Delhi's Karol Bagh area and demanded Rs 20 lakh ransom.
"Bansal informed police that he was known to Ravi. He had some business problems and was trying to resolve it with Ravi's help," said the officer.
Ravi, the mastermind, runs a gym in west Delhi's Patel Nagar.
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Live: No End to Samajwadi Party Crisis, Old Guard Meet CM Akhilesh
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18