Gymnast Ashish creates history with bronze
Ashish Kumar scripted history on Tuesday when he became the first Indian gymnast to clinch an Asian Games medal.
Guangzhou: Ashish Kumar scripted history on Tuesday when he became the first Indian gymnast to clinch an Asian Games medal by securing a bronze in the Men's Floor event of the Artistic Gymnastics, here on Tuesday.
Kumar clinched the bronze with an aggregate of 14.92 behind gold medallists Chenglong Zhang of China and South Korean Soo Myun Kim, who finished at an identical scoreline of 15.40.
In the first round, Kumar scored 6.30 points while in the final round, the Indian managed to accumulate 8.62 to finish third in the event.
Kumar had finished a disappointing 23rd in a 24-participant field in the final of the men's individual all-round artistic gymnastics competition on Monday at the Town Gymnasium.
The 19-year-old Indian had scripted history last month when he won a silver and a bronze in vault and floor for India in the Commonwealth Games in Delhi.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology