Had Severed Ties With Burhan Long Back, Says His Father
Slain Hizbul commander Burhan Wani. (Picture courtesy: Twitter)
Muzzafar Wani, father of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani, refused to comment on the telephonic conversation between Burhan and 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed which was aired on Friday by CNN-News18.
"I don't want to speak on this matter. I had severed all ties with Burhan long back, said Muzzafar Wani.
A few days before his killing, Burhan Wani had spoken to Lashkar-e-Taiba chief Hafiz Saeed seeking his “blessings” and offered to put up a united front of LeT and his own Hizbul Mujahideen in their jehad against Indian security forces.
Burhan was killed by security forces in July this year. Muzzafar's first child Khalid was also killed in an encounter last year.
Wani had taken to militancy after 2010, when he had barely completed his Matric (class 10) studies. People from his native village say he had been a shy but respectful boy until then, and went largely noticed.
A picture of Burhan with a dozen of his comrades had gone viral on social media last year, causing amazement at the brazenness with which the new-age militants were willing to be identified.
Recommended For You
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video