Hafiz Saeed: No MFN status for India
26/11 mastermind Saeed addressed thousands of people who joined 'peace march' to the Wagah land border with India.
Lahore: The Defa-e-Pakistan Council formed by Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief, and 26/11 Mumbai attack mastermind, Hafiz Saeed on Sunday launched a 'movement' to oppose the move to grant Most Favoured Nation-status to India. "On the pattern of a campaign against the reopening of NATO supply routes, today we announce the launching of a movement against giving India the status of Most Favoured Nation," Saeed said addressing thousands of people who joined a "peace march" to the Wagah land border with India.
Besides opposing the move to give India MFN-status, the event marked the fall of Dhaka in the 1971 war that led to the creation of Bangladesh. During his address, gathered members shouted slogans in support of jihad.
The DPC is an alliance of over 40 religious and extremist groups, including JuD, Jamaat-e-Islami and Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-S, that was formed by Saeed after 24 Pakistani soldiers were killed in a cross-border NATO air strike last year. Saeed, for whom the US offered a USD 10-million bounty earlier this year, said his group will not allow Pakistan to become an 'Indian colony' and also claimed India had opened 'training camps' in Afghanistan.
Former ISI chief Hamid Gul, Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam leader Samiul Haq and JuD leader Amir Hamza also addressed the gathering.
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Salman Khan Dropped as Thums Up Ambassador by Coca Cola
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18