26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed leads Eid prayers in Lahore
The event was advertised on posters all over the city of Lahore, claimed a Wall Street Journal report.
New Delhi: 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed is leading the Eid prayers on Friday morning in Lahore, claims the US's Wall Street Journal. The event was advertised on posters all over the city.
The Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief has a $ 10 million bounty on his head by the US. The US has said it continues to seek information on the LeT founder that can convict him in the court of law.
Saeed, one of India's most wanted terrorists and a key accused in the 26/11 attacks, had earlier this year claimed that he is free to move around Pakistan as an ordinary person. He had said he roams freely as his fate is in the hands of god and not America, in an interview to the New York Times.
Saeed also bragged that he is free despite a 10 million dollar bounty on his head. "I move about like an ordinary person, that's my style," he said in the interview. 64-year-old Saeed's compound in Lahore is a "fortified house, office and mosque". The New York Times report said Saeed is shielded not only by his supporters who wield "Kalashnikovs" outside his door but also by the Pakistani state.
However, the US refused to comment on the detailed interview given by the Mumbai attack mastermind, arguing that it does not want to "dignify" someone on which the US has declared a reward of $10 million for information leading to his conviction.
(With additional information from PTI)
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years
- Seven Pakistani Rangers, One Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border: BSF
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18