Halle Berry loses custody battle to former boyfriend
Halley had been in a custody battle with her former boyfriend and Nahla's father, Gabriel Aubry.
Los Angeles: Actress Halle Berry's request to permanently move her daughter Nahla to France, where she and fiance Olivier Martinez plan to live, has been rejected.
The 44-year-old actress had been in a custody battle with her former boyfriend and Nahla's father, Gabriel Aubry and now a Los Angeles judge rejected her request to move the four-year-old girl to Paris, reported Ace Showbiz.
Berry chose France as their new home because she believed that the country is safer for her loved ones while Los Angeles paparazzi made their life uncomfortable in California.
The actress denied that she tried to remove Aubry from Nahla's life.
"It's the appeal of privacy and a greater sense of safety for Nahla. I don't want her to grow up around the tabloids. Because we are followed all the time.
"She is starting to feel like she is somehow special, and of course she is, but I want her to understand that she's special because of who she is, not because she was born into this celebrity blender," Berry said.
The 'X-Men: The Last Stand' star broke up with Aubry on April 30, 2010.
The ex-couple then fought over their only daughter's custody in the middle of Berry's tight filming schedule. In April 2011, they reached a win-win solution with the help of a judge without detailing the result.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology