Halle Berry loses custody battle to former boyfriend
Halley had been in a custody battle with her former boyfriend and Nahla's father, Gabriel Aubry.
Los Angeles: Actress Halle Berry's request to permanently move her daughter Nahla to France, where she and fiance Olivier Martinez plan to live, has been rejected.
The 44-year-old actress had been in a custody battle with her former boyfriend and Nahla's father, Gabriel Aubry and now a Los Angeles judge rejected her request to move the four-year-old girl to Paris, reported Ace Showbiz.
Berry chose France as their new home because she believed that the country is safer for her loved ones while Los Angeles paparazzi made their life uncomfortable in California.
The actress denied that she tried to remove Aubry from Nahla's life.
"It's the appeal of privacy and a greater sense of safety for Nahla. I don't want her to grow up around the tabloids. Because we are followed all the time.
"She is starting to feel like she is somehow special, and of course she is, but I want her to understand that she's special because of who she is, not because she was born into this celebrity blender," Berry said.
The 'X-Men: The Last Stand' star broke up with Aubry on April 30, 2010.
The ex-couple then fought over their only daughter's custody in the middle of Berry's tight filming schedule. In April 2011, they reached a win-win solution with the help of a judge without detailing the result.
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Xiaomi Mi 5S Might Get Snapdragon 821, 2K Display and 4GB RAM
- Gareth Bale Wants More European Glory after Champions League Win
- Real Madrid Beat Atletico on Penalties to Win Champions League
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson