Hamilton fastest in 3rd practice at Abu Dhabi GP
Hamilton was fastest in pre-qualifying practice at the Abu Dhabi GP followed by his McLaren team-mate Button.
Abu Dhabi: Lewis Hamilton was fastest in Saturday's pre-qualifying practice at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix followed by his McLaren teammate Jenson Button. Hamilton clocked 1 minute, 42.130 seconds on the 5.6-kilometer (3.5-mile) Yas Marina circuit, 0.290 seconds quicker than Button.
Two-time Formula One champion Sebastian Vettel, who leads the drivers' championship, came in third after coming onto the track late with less than three minutes to spare and completing only two laps. Vettel's Red Bull teammate, Mark Webber, who still has a mathematical chance of winning the title, was fourth.
Vettel's strongest rival for the title, Ferrari's Fernando Alonso, only managed eighth. He has struggled all weekend with pace and a second late night for his engineers working on the car didn't seem to help.
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz
- Indus Treaty: How India Can Use Existing Provisions to Send a Message to Pakistan
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Indus Water Treaty: Blood and Water Cannot Flow Together, Says PM Modi