J&K: Infiltration bids foiled, two terrorists killed in Kupwara
Army sources said helicopters were being used to assist the ground troops to keep track of the infiltrating column of terrorists.
Srinagar: The Army on Tuesday foiled two infiltration bids along the Line of Control in north Kashmir's Kupwara district, killing two terrorists. An infiltration bid was foiled by troops along the LoC in Macchil Sector of Kupwara district, a defence spokesman said. Two militants have been killed in the operation, which was going on till reports last came in.
The spokesman said another counter-infiltration operation was in progress in Hafruda forests of nearby Handwara area in the district. Army sources said helicopters were being used to assist the ground troops to keep track of the infiltrating column of terrorists.
However, the defence spokesman said he had no knowledge of helicopters being used in the operation. Infiltration along the LoC in Kupwara district has started picking up with one militant being killed in a failed bid yesterday in Keran sector of the district.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia 1st Test, Live Score: Day 1 from Pune
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years