Hanson beats McIlroy by one shot to win BMW Masters
Hanson finished at 21-under 267 on The Masters Course at Lake Malaren and earned $1,166,600 in the European Tour's richest regular event.
Shanghai: Sweden's Peter Hanson won the BMW Masters on Sunday for his second European Tour victory of the year, shooting a 5-under 67 to hold off Ryder Cup teammate Rory McIlroy by a stroke.
Hanson finished at 21-under 267 on The Masters Course at Lake Malaren and earned $1,166,600 in the European Tour's richest regular event. He won the KLM Open last month in the Netherlands and has six career tour victories.
The top-ranked McIlroy, the winner last year when the event was a non-sanctioned exhibition tournament, finished with a 67.
Third-ranked Luke Donald was third at 17 under after a 66, and fellow Englishman Ian Poulter completed a Ryder Cup sweep of the top four spots, closing with a 65 to finish at 16 under.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology