Hanson beats McIlroy by one shot to win BMW Masters
Hanson finished at 21-under 267 on The Masters Course at Lake Malaren and earned $1,166,600 in the European Tour's richest regular event.
Shanghai: Sweden's Peter Hanson won the BMW Masters on Sunday for his second European Tour victory of the year, shooting a 5-under 67 to hold off Ryder Cup teammate Rory McIlroy by a stroke.
Hanson finished at 21-under 267 on The Masters Course at Lake Malaren and earned $1,166,600 in the European Tour's richest regular event. He won the KLM Open last month in the Netherlands and has six career tour victories.
The top-ranked McIlroy, the winner last year when the event was a non-sanctioned exhibition tournament, finished with a 67.
Third-ranked Luke Donald was third at 17 under after a 66, and fellow Englishman Ian Poulter completed a Ryder Cup sweep of the top four spots, closing with a 65 to finish at 16 under.
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief