DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Happy Rahman thanks mother, God at Oscars gala
An overwhelmed Rahman interspersed his Oscar speech with Hindi and Tamil.
Los Angeles: Indian music maestro AR Rahman won the Oscar for his original score in the highly acclaimed movie Slumdog Millionaire.
The composer was overwhelmed and interspersed his speech with Hindi as well as Tamil on receiving the coveted trophy here Sunday.
"There is a dialogue from an old Hindi film,"Mere paas ma hai" - which means I have nothing but a mother. My mother is here, I have her blessings. I am glad she could be here," said Rahman.
He ended the acceptance speech by saying in Tamil Ella Pughazhum Eraivanukke, which means "All my success and achievements are dedicated to God, God is great."
Rahman is known to say these words of gratitude to God after winning every award.
Recommended For You
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Champions Trophy 2017: India - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish