Harassed by Colleague, Woman Constable Hangs Herself in Police Station
A case has been registered against her colleague for harassment on the basis of a complaint by her father.
Ludhiana: A 23-year-old woman constable, who was allegedly harassed by a colleague, committed suicide by hanging herself from a ceiling fan in a police station here, officials said.
The police said they had registered a case against her colleague on the basis of a complaint by her father. Amanpreet Kaur was posted at the Nidhan police station in the Ludhiana Rural police district.
Her body was found hanging to a ceiling fan in one of the rooms in the police station last night, the police said.
The victim's father, in a complaint alleged that one of her colleagues, identified as Nirbhay Singh, used to harass her.
SSP, Ludhiana, (Rural), Surjit Singh said that “a case has been registered against Nirbhay, who was posted as the police station ‘munshi’, under section 306 (abetment of suicide) of the IPC on the complaint of her father.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, the SSP said.
Recommended For You
- South Africa's AB de Villiers Ruled Out of T20 Series Against India
- NBA Looking to Bring Pre-season to India to Tap Growing Market
- Anushka Showers Love On Virat After India Wins Over SA, Says 'What A Guy!'
- Priya Varrier Beats Sunny Leone To Become Google's Most-searched Celebrity
- Has Kangana Ranaut Hired Hrithik Roshan's Ex Manager?