Harassed by neighbour, 18-year-old girl attempts suicide
Police said the girl sustained 90 per cent burn injuries and is battling for life at a hospital.
Jaipur: An 18-year-old girl attempted suicide on Thursday by setting herself ablaze ofter being constantly harassed by a neighbour in Rajasthan's Alwar town, police said. The neighbour has been arrested.
The girl sustained 90 per cent burn injuries and is battling for life at a hospital, they said. According to police, the incident took place at Ramnagar Colony in the town, some 150 km from Jaipur.
"As per the statement recorded before police by the victim's brother, she was being harassed by a youth - Rajesh Kumar Jogi - living in her neighbourhood. Rajesh had threatened to kill her father and brothers if she did not agree to marry him," a police officer told IANS.
The officer added that Jogi used to stalk the girl and also call her on her mobile phone constantly.
"The girl was alone in the house today (Thursday) afternoon when she poured kerosene over herself and attempted suicide. She was rushed to a hospital with severe burns. Her condition is very critical," said the officer.
He added that Jogi was arrested by police immediately after the incident.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Top T20I Bowler Imran Tahir Has No Takers in IPL Auction