Harassed by neighbour, 18-year-old girl attempts suicide
Police said the girl sustained 90 per cent burn injuries and is battling for life at a hospital.
Jaipur: An 18-year-old girl attempted suicide on Thursday by setting herself ablaze ofter being constantly harassed by a neighbour in Rajasthan's Alwar town, police said. The neighbour has been arrested.
The girl sustained 90 per cent burn injuries and is battling for life at a hospital, they said. According to police, the incident took place at Ramnagar Colony in the town, some 150 km from Jaipur.
"As per the statement recorded before police by the victim's brother, she was being harassed by a youth - Rajesh Kumar Jogi - living in her neighbourhood. Rajesh had threatened to kill her father and brothers if she did not agree to marry him," a police officer told IANS.
The officer added that Jogi used to stalk the girl and also call her on her mobile phone constantly.
"The girl was alone in the house today (Thursday) afternoon when she poured kerosene over herself and attempted suicide. She was rushed to a hospital with severe burns. Her condition is very critical," said the officer.
He added that Jogi was arrested by police immediately after the incident.
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput