Hardcore Maoist Girish brought on remand
SAMBALPUR: Hardcore Maoist Girish, who was arrested by Bargarh police on January 24, was brought on remand to Sambalpur on Wednesd..
SAMBALPUR: Hardcore Maoist Girish, who was arrested by Bargarh police on January 24, was brought on remand to Sambalpur on Wednesday.
He is involved in as many as 23 cases, including four cases of murder.
The arrest of Girish is said to be the second major setback to the banned CPI(Maoist) outfit after the killing of Kishenji in West Bengal.
A native of Nawadi in Jharkhand, Girish was behind the growth of the outfit in the region comprising Sundargarh, Sambalpur, Deogarh and Bargarh.
He is also responsible for deaths of more than three dozens of police personnel in ambush in Saranda forest.
It is said that his strong political ideology and high military skills had even made him the Odisha State secretary of the outfit but internal bickerings saw Sabyasachi Panda take over the mantle.
Meanwhile, IG (Operations) Y B Khurania and IG, CRPF, Satyanarayan Sabat visited Deogarh on Wednesday and reviewed the anti-Maoist operation.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology