Harry Potter actor arrested in drug raid
Jamie Waylett has starred in movie Harry Potter as Vincent Crabbe.
London: Actor Jamie Waylett, who starred in fantasy franchise Harry Potter as Vincent Crabbe, was arrested for allegedly growing marijuana in his house, Sun online reported.
The 19-year-old British actor was recently stopped by cops in London when he was driving through the city centre with a friend.
The officers allegedly discovered eight bags of cannabis in the vehicle. They arrested both men on suspicion of drug possession and then ordered a raid on the actor's home in Camden, North London, the newspaper reported.
Drug squad officers are said to have subsequently discovered ten cannabis plants at the property worth around 2,000 pounds. Waylett now stands accused of production of a Class B drug.
"Both men have been bailed until July pending further enquiries and tests on the substances," a police spokesperson said.
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration