Harry Potter actor arrested in drug raid
Jamie Waylett has starred in movie Harry Potter as Vincent Crabbe.
London: Actor Jamie Waylett, who starred in fantasy franchise Harry Potter as Vincent Crabbe, was arrested for allegedly growing marijuana in his house, Sun online reported.
The 19-year-old British actor was recently stopped by cops in London when he was driving through the city centre with a friend.
The officers allegedly discovered eight bags of cannabis in the vehicle. They arrested both men on suspicion of drug possession and then ordered a raid on the actor's home in Camden, North London, the newspaper reported.
Drug squad officers are said to have subsequently discovered ten cannabis plants at the property worth around 2,000 pounds. Waylett now stands accused of production of a Class B drug.
"Both men have been bailed until July pending further enquiries and tests on the substances," a police spokesperson said.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks