Haryana: 35-yr-old woman commits suicide after gangrape
One of the three accused had threatened the gangrape victim of dire consequences if she complained to the police.
Fatehabad: A 35-year-old woman, who was gangraped by three youths on February 2, allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from a tree in Ghotru village in the district, police said on Saturday.
The mother of three children was waylaid by the youths, identified as Keemti Bishnoi, Ashok Mavliya and Sushil Kumar of neighbouring village Hasanga when she was out to search her mentally challenged husband, SP Vikas Dhankhar said.
Later, they forcibly dragged her to an isolated place and gangraped her, he said. However, when she disclosed the incident to the village elders, they held a meeting during which the trio confessed to have committed the crime.
On Friday, one of the accused rang up the victim and threatened of dire consequences if she complained the matter to the police, Dhankar said.
Intimidated by the threat, the woman took the extreme step on Friday night to end up her life. A case has been registered in this regard while the further probes are on, the SP added.
Recommended For You
- FROM THE CRICKETWALLAHVirat Kohli: The Captain With The Midas Touch?
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review With Video: Best Android Phone Under Rs 10,000?
- Remembering AmmaDid Jayalalithaa and Karunanidhi Ever Work Together?
- CASH CRUNCHIPTL 2016: Demonetisation Hits League, No Federer, Williams This Season
- RIPJayalalithaa the Actor: Films That Mirrored Her Versatility