Haryana: 4,595 girls given Rs 3.90 crore education loan
Out of the total 4,595 beneficiaries, 235 have been given interest subsidy for pursuing higher education abroad.
Chandigarh: To provide monetary assistance to meritorious girls of the state, Haryana government has disbursed Rs 3.90 crore to 4,595 female students under the education loan scheme.
The loan was given by Women Development Corporation (HWDC) of Haryana during the current financial year. The scheme is being implemented to encourage girls of the state to pursue higher education at graduate, post graduate, doctoral and post doctoral level in the country and abroad, an official spokesman said in Chandigarh on Wednesday.
Due to limited resources of the family, high fee of the private institutions and rate of interest of banks, meritorious students were deprived of higher and professional education.
With a view to provide assistance to such meritorious girl students, the corporation provides five per cent interest subsidy, he said.
The corporation provides this subsidy to the concerned bank through cheque by concerned District Manager on behalf of student availing the loan. Out of the total 4,595 beneficiaries, 235 have been given interest subsidy for pursuing higher education abroad.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game