Haryana: 5 arrested for raping girl, making video
The victim alleged that the accused threatened her of dire consequences if she revealed the matter to anyone.
Hisar (Haryana): Police on January 20 arrested five youths for allegedly raping a teenage girl in the district and preparing her obscene video on a mobile phone. The arrest was made under Sections 376 (rape), 292 (sale etc of obscene video), 506 (criminal intimidation) and some other Sections of the IPC, police said.
The girl, a class tenth student, on January 19 made a complaint to Barwala police that about two months back while returning from an agriculture field the youths Pradeep, Baru and Golia of her village raped her at knife-point and made a video-clip on a mobile phone.
The 18-year-old victim alleged that the accused threatened her of dire consequences if she revealed the matter to anyone. The video was allegedly circulated to other youths in the village through MMS, she alleged. The victim also told the police after some days another youth of the village, Kuldeep, stopped her and showed her the video. He allegedly threatened the victim and raped her.
Later on after a few days, Kuldeep and another youth Mange Ram came to her house when she was alone and both allegedly raped her. On January 19, when the victim had gone out of her house to make some purchases, Rohtas, brother of Kuldeep tried to take her forcibly towards a house, but she, managed to escape and narrated the incident to her family.
After the victim's medical examination, the police have registered a case against six persons and arrested five youths. District Police Chief B Satheesh Balan along with other police officers on January 19 visited Barwala police station and ordered the concerned staff to take stern action against the culprits.
In the recent past, a number of rape cases, particularly involving teenaged victims have come to light. During the past four months, two teenaged rape victims, both Dalits, committed self-immolation after being raped
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali
- Gold prices soar by Rs 840 in biggest single-day gain in 2014
- Gold tumbles on reduced offtake, weak global cues
- Gold snaps 5-day losing streak, gains Rs 300 on global cues
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- Did you tweet with #HappDiwali? Find yourself in Twitter's after-Diwali diya mosaic
- WATCH: Manchester United, Arsenal wish their fans in India a Happy Diwali