Haryana: 7-day-old girl left abandoned in hospital
The condition of the under-weight baby, who has been suffering from acute liver infection since her birth, is stated to be critical.
Rohtak: A newborn baby girl was left abandoned by her parents at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Science (PGIMS) in Rohtak, the third such incident in Haryana this month.
The condition of the under-weight baby, who has been suffering from acute liver infection since her birth, is stated to be critical, officials said on Saturday.
According to PGIMS authorities, a woman, who gave her name as Ravi along with her husband had admitted the baby to the hospital on Thursday.
The same night the parents of the baby abandoned her at the respiratory intensive care unit.
"We had to register a First Information Report (FIR) with the police on Friday when the parents did not come back even after several hours," said a doctor, adding the baby was born premature and had been diagnosed with jaundice.
She is undergoing treatment at the respiratory intensive care unit (RICU)
This is the third such incident of parents abandoning their baby girls in Haryana.
On April 18, a four-day-old girl child was found abandoned near a dustbin in Udyog Vihar in Gurgaon by a three wheeler driver.
The baby's cries attracted his attention as he was passing by the road. He halted and informed the police about the child.
The police reached the spot and took the custody of the child who was wrapped in a poly-bag and handed it over to the civil hospital.
Earlier on April 13, a couple abandoned their one-and-a-half year-old girl child at the Civil Hospital in Gurgaon.
The couple seemingly from a well to do family left their girl with an old lady sitting in the compound of the Civil Hospital.
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music