Haryana: Acid attack on woman volleyball player
17-year-old Ritu Saini is a junior national volleyball player and stays in Rohtak.
Rohtak: A teenage girl, who is a junior national volleyball player, was hospitalised with serious injuries after two motorcycle-borne youth threw acid on her while she was going for practice on Saturday evening, police said.
Ritu Saini, 17, was taken to the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGIMS) in Rohtak with burn injuries on her face and chest.
The youth managed to escape from the spot after the attack near the crowded Prem Nagar Chowk, the police said. Rohtak is around 70 km from New Delhi and is the home town of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
The victima's uncle, Ram Mehar Saini, said that Ritu was a junior national-level volleyball player and had participated in the national school games held last year. She is a student of class 11 in a school in Rohtak.
Senior police officers, including Rohtak district police chief Vikas Dhankar rushed to the PGIMS after hearing about the incident.
Two motorcycle-borne youth had thrown acid on three girl students in Rohtak June last year also while they were returning from tuition classes.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right