Haryana: Class 10 student shot dead by his classmates
A mob later went on a rampage setting a car on fire and vandalising the house of an accused.
Rohtak: A teenage school student was shot dead allegedly by his classmates in a town in this Haryana district on Sunday, police said. A mob later went on a rampage setting a car on fire and vandalising the house of an accused.
Nitin, 15-year-old Class 10 student, was allegedly shot dead by four classmates during a religious function in Meham town, 80 km from New Delhi, on early Sunday, police said. Police officials said the killing was the fallout of an old rivalry between two groups of young boys.
"Nitin tried to save his friend Ankur who was being assaulted by the other group outside the venue of a jagran (religious function). A scuffle ensued and one of the accused brought a home-made weapon and Nitin was shot," said a police official said.
The young boy was taken to a hospital but was declared dead by doctors. Police arrested three of the four accused later on Sunday. Family members and supporters of the killed boy staged angry protests outside the Meham police station and even blocked a road for some time.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: A Brief Profile of the 4 Ministers Sacked by Akhilesh
- Legendary Punjabi Actor Mehar Mittal Passes Away
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- News360: Can Patriarch MSY Solve Chacha-Bhatija Spat?
- Amar Singh Got Akhilesh Story Planted in Newspaper: Ashu Malik
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits