DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Haryana: Class 10 student shot dead by his classmates
A mob later went on a rampage setting a car on fire and vandalising the house of an accused.
Rohtak: A teenage school student was shot dead allegedly by his classmates in a town in this Haryana district on Sunday, police said. A mob later went on a rampage setting a car on fire and vandalising the house of an accused.
Nitin, 15-year-old Class 10 student, was allegedly shot dead by four classmates during a religious function in Meham town, 80 km from New Delhi, on early Sunday, police said. Police officials said the killing was the fallout of an old rivalry between two groups of young boys.
"Nitin tried to save his friend Ankur who was being assaulted by the other group outside the venue of a jagran (religious function). A scuffle ensued and one of the accused brought a home-made weapon and Nitin was shot," said a police official said.
The young boy was taken to a hospital but was declared dead by doctors. Police arrested three of the four accused later on Sunday. Family members and supporters of the killed boy staged angry protests outside the Meham police station and even blocked a road for some time.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi