Haryana dispossess Daler Mahndi of his farmhouse
The Gurgaon administration took posession of Punjabi pop singer Daler Mahndi's 65-acre farmhouse in Sohna.
Gurgaon: The Gurgaon administration Saturday took posession of Punjabi pop singer Daler Mahndi's 65-acre farmhouse in Sohna town in the foothills of the Aravali Range, an official said.
The possession team of Naib Tehsildar Jevender Singh reoccupied the farm house at Sohna, some 25 km from Gurgaon city following an April 4 order by the court of Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Vivek Kalia.
Daler had taken the land from the Sohna Municipality in mid-nineties but after a verdict from the Supreme Court in 2011, the ownership of land was transferred to Sohna Municipality.
"The Sohna Municipality took back the possession of its more than 65 acres of land from singer Daler Mahndi," Kalia told IANS.
The district administration on March 28, 2013 had sealed the farm house in village Roz Ka Gujjar.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Boris Johnson's Anti-Brexit Article Made Public by UK Daily