Haryana dispossess Daler Mahndi of his farmhouse
The Gurgaon administration took posession of Punjabi pop singer Daler Mahndi's 65-acre farmhouse in Sohna.
Gurgaon: The Gurgaon administration Saturday took posession of Punjabi pop singer Daler Mahndi's 65-acre farmhouse in Sohna town in the foothills of the Aravali Range, an official said.
The possession team of Naib Tehsildar Jevender Singh reoccupied the farm house at Sohna, some 25 km from Gurgaon city following an April 4 order by the court of Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Vivek Kalia.
Daler had taken the land from the Sohna Municipality in mid-nineties but after a verdict from the Supreme Court in 2011, the ownership of land was transferred to Sohna Municipality.
"The Sohna Municipality took back the possession of its more than 65 acres of land from singer Daler Mahndi," Kalia told IANS.
The district administration on March 28, 2013 had sealed the farm house in village Roz Ka Gujjar.
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- US Now has Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Adnan Sami Responds To Haters After He Was Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 1st ODI, Sharjah
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi Makes his Appearance in Assam Court