Haryana: Girl student killed by jilted lover
After the murder university students indulged in rioting and blocked the highway while demanding their safety.
Hisar: The famous Guru Jambheshwar University in Hisar has been rocked by two murders in the last three months. A female student of B. Tech was attacked and killed by a boy, who was infatuated to her, at the university gate.
After the murder university students indulged in rioting and blocked the highway while demanding their safety. Earlier, another female student had been stabbed to death on August 10.
According to eyewitnesses, the B Tech student, who was a resident of Faridabad, was killed by sharp weapons at the gate of the campus. The student succumbed to her injuries while she was being taken to a hospital. Some students caught hold of the accused and handed him over to the police.
As the news of the murder spread, students started shouting slogans and also blocked the Delhi-Sirsa National Highway. The police and administration officials reached the spot and persuaded the students to lift the blockade.
The agitating students alleged that similar murderous incidents had happened in the past, but the university had failed to ensure their safety.
Meanwhile, the university administration has accepted that the killer belonged to the same university but the Vice Chancellor ruled out any security lapse.
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
- Police Release Sketch of Suspects Based on School Children's Description