Haryana Police officer assaults constable, arrested
The accused allegedly beat up the head constable and tore his uniform following an argument over parking his car.
Chandigarh: An under-training deputy superintendent of police (DSP) of Haryana Police, his father and brother were arrested on Monday for allegedly assaulting a Chandigarh police head constable here, police said.
Adarshdeep Singh, his father Gurmeet Singh and brother Gagandeep Singh were arrested following a complaint by Chandigarh police head constable Dilawar Singh.
The three men allegedly beat up the head constable and tore his uniform following an argument over parking their car in Sector 51. The injured head constable was taken to hospital for treatment.
"The head constable had gone to the housing society in Sector 51 following a complaint of wrong parking. When he asked Gagandeep to park the car properly, he argued with the head constable and called his brother (DSP) and father. All three then assaulted the head constable and beat him up," a Chandigarh police official said.
A duty magistrate on Monday sent all three accused to judicial custody after they were arrested on charges of assaulting a public servant on duty. Gagandeep is an official with the Haryana government posted in Kurukshetra.
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Live: No End to Samajwadi Party Crisis, Old Guard Meet CM Akhilesh
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day