Haryana Police officer assaults constable, arrested
The accused allegedly beat up the head constable and tore his uniform following an argument over parking his car.
Chandigarh: An under-training deputy superintendent of police (DSP) of Haryana Police, his father and brother were arrested on Monday for allegedly assaulting a Chandigarh police head constable here, police said.
Adarshdeep Singh, his father Gurmeet Singh and brother Gagandeep Singh were arrested following a complaint by Chandigarh police head constable Dilawar Singh.
The three men allegedly beat up the head constable and tore his uniform following an argument over parking their car in Sector 51. The injured head constable was taken to hospital for treatment.
"The head constable had gone to the housing society in Sector 51 following a complaint of wrong parking. When he asked Gagandeep to park the car properly, he argued with the head constable and called his brother (DSP) and father. All three then assaulted the head constable and beat him up," a Chandigarh police official said.
A duty magistrate on Monday sent all three accused to judicial custody after they were arrested on charges of assaulting a public servant on duty. Gagandeep is an official with the Haryana government posted in Kurukshetra.
Recommended For You
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- DEBU'TON'TKeaton Jennings: Another South African Comes Good For England
- Keep CalmBaywatch Trailer is Out and It's Not At All About Priyanka Chopra
- Amazing videoYouTube Rewind Celebrates Videos, People And Trends That Made 2016 Memorable