Haryana Police officer assaults constable, arrested
The accused allegedly beat up the head constable and tore his uniform following an argument over parking his car.
Chandigarh: An under-training deputy superintendent of police (DSP) of Haryana Police, his father and brother were arrested on Monday for allegedly assaulting a Chandigarh police head constable here, police said.
Adarshdeep Singh, his father Gurmeet Singh and brother Gagandeep Singh were arrested following a complaint by Chandigarh police head constable Dilawar Singh.
The three men allegedly beat up the head constable and tore his uniform following an argument over parking their car in Sector 51. The injured head constable was taken to hospital for treatment.
"The head constable had gone to the housing society in Sector 51 following a complaint of wrong parking. When he asked Gagandeep to park the car properly, he argued with the head constable and called his brother (DSP) and father. All three then assaulted the head constable and beat him up," a Chandigarh police official said.
A duty magistrate on Monday sent all three accused to judicial custody after they were arrested on charges of assaulting a public servant on duty. Gagandeep is an official with the Haryana government posted in Kurukshetra.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance