DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Haryana Police officer assaults constable, arrested
The accused allegedly beat up the head constable and tore his uniform following an argument over parking his car.
Chandigarh: An under-training deputy superintendent of police (DSP) of Haryana Police, his father and brother were arrested on Monday for allegedly assaulting a Chandigarh police head constable here, police said.
Adarshdeep Singh, his father Gurmeet Singh and brother Gagandeep Singh were arrested following a complaint by Chandigarh police head constable Dilawar Singh.
The three men allegedly beat up the head constable and tore his uniform following an argument over parking their car in Sector 51. The injured head constable was taken to hospital for treatment.
"The head constable had gone to the housing society in Sector 51 following a complaint of wrong parking. When he asked Gagandeep to park the car properly, he argued with the head constable and called his brother (DSP) and father. All three then assaulted the head constable and beat him up," a Chandigarh police official said.
A duty magistrate on Monday sent all three accused to judicial custody after they were arrested on charges of assaulting a public servant on duty. Gagandeep is an official with the Haryana government posted in Kurukshetra.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand