Haryana: Teenage school boy shot dead by classmates
Police officials said the killing was the fallout of an old rivalry between two groups of young boys.
Rohtak: A teenaged school student was shot dead allegedly by his classmates in a town in this Haryana district on Sunday, police said. A mob later went on a rampage setting a car on fire and vandalising the house of an accused. Nitin, 15-year-old Class 10 student, was allegedly shot dead by four classmates during a religious function in Meham town, 80 km from New Delhi, early on Sunday, police said.
Police officials said the killing was the fallout of an old rivalry between two groups of young boys. "Nitin tried to save his friend Ankur who was being assaulted by the other group outside the venue of a jagran (religious function). A scuffle ensued and one of the accused brought a home-made weapon and Nitin was shot," said a police official said.
The young boy was taken to a hospital but was declared dead by doctors. Police arrested three of the four accused later on Sunday. Family members and supporters of the killed boy staged angry protests outside the Meham police station and even blocked a road for some time.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit