DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Haryana: Teenager killed by classmates over mobile phone
The victim, Shubham (14), had lent his cellphone to one of the suspects a week ago.
Chandigarh: A Class 8 student of a private school in Haryana's Sonepat was killed allegedly by two of his classmates, after he had asked one of them to return his cellphone, police said on Monday. Shubham (14) had lent his cellphone to one of the suspects a week ago and when he insisted on getting it back, he was asked to come to the school's backyard on Friday to collect it, Sonepat's Superintendent of Police Arun Nehra said.
"On reaching the spot, Shubham was strangled to death by the suspects. His body was dumped in the bushes near the school's boundary wall by the duo," Nehra said. The victim's body was recovered on Saturday night and the investigation led to the two suspects who confessed to the crime, he said, adding that they were arrested on Sunday.
Shubham's father had filed a missing complaint after he did not return home on Friday. The suspects, around 14 years of age, have been lodged in juvenile home in Ambala after being charged with murder. They have no criminal past, he said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet