Haryana: Teenager killed by classmates over mobile phone
The victim, Shubham (14), had lent his cellphone to one of the suspects a week ago.
Chandigarh: A Class 8 student of a private school in Haryana's Sonepat was killed allegedly by two of his classmates, after he had asked one of them to return his cellphone, police said on Monday. Shubham (14) had lent his cellphone to one of the suspects a week ago and when he insisted on getting it back, he was asked to come to the school's backyard on Friday to collect it, Sonepat's Superintendent of Police Arun Nehra said.
"On reaching the spot, Shubham was strangled to death by the suspects. His body was dumped in the bushes near the school's boundary wall by the duo," Nehra said. The victim's body was recovered on Saturday night and the investigation led to the two suspects who confessed to the crime, he said, adding that they were arrested on Sunday.
Shubham's father had filed a missing complaint after he did not return home on Friday. The suspects, around 14 years of age, have been lodged in juvenile home in Ambala after being charged with murder. They have no criminal past, he said.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show